The myth of the mystical Phoenix is that when it dies it turns to ashes, those ashes then ignite into a golden flame of rebirth, and the Phoenix lives on, renewed.
Traveling opens the heart, mind, body, and soul through all of its wanderings. Traveling creates the ashes from which the traveler is reborn, and love lights the fire.

I am a backpacker, a social worker, a grateful receiver, an eternal empathizer, a seed growing, an ear listening, a child learning, a sister sharing, an American evolving, a therapist reflecting, a daughter caring, an embrace holding tightly, a friend to all - I am a Traveling Phoenix, experiencing the world that sets my soul on fire with love. Thanks for joining me.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bienvenidos a mi blog.

I've created this blog because, first in June I will be studying abroad in Sosúa, Dominican Republic. Following that I will be studying abroad in Madrid, Spain from late August until mid-December. These adventures will be full of new and exciting experiences for me, and hopefully in Europe I will be traveling to different countries as well.

Stay tuned to hear more about my experiences, emotions, and sights to see while I become fluent in Spanish and study social work and economics. Hurray!

Thank you NYU for these amazing opportunities! And thank you to my readers for showing an interest in my new an exciting life as a student traveler.

xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Your chili peppers or jalepenos on a stick or whatever kind of creep me out.... :/

    ReplyDelete