The myth of the mystical Phoenix is that when it dies it turns to ashes, those ashes then ignite into a golden flame of rebirth, and the Phoenix lives on, renewed.
Traveling opens the heart, mind, body, and soul through all of its wanderings. Traveling creates the ashes from which the traveler is reborn, and love lights the fire.

I am a backpacker, a social worker, a grateful receiver, an eternal empathizer, a seed growing, an ear listening, a child learning, a sister sharing, an American evolving, a therapist reflecting, a daughter caring, an embrace holding tightly, a friend to all - I am a Traveling Phoenix, experiencing the world that sets my soul on fire with love. Thanks for joining me.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back to NYC

I'm settling back in to my new home in the city to start my second semester in NYC and my third semester at NYU.
Being back here feels weird. It felt so right being home with my family and friends. Not that it feels wrong right now, but the city was never home for me, so I feel like I have moved to a new place all over again. Even if I know where the things I need are and my brother is here if I need somebody, it still doesn't feel like home.

I've been seeing some of my friends here and there and I've started up classes. It's very exciting  to be back and finally getting into my major! All of my social work classes are tomorrow so fingers crossed that tomorrow is the best day of my week.
Something I am definitely really excited about is living near one of my favorite bagel places of all time! Probably not the best for my health, but I am definitely in love with New York bagels.

My parents stayed all weekend and it was a  lot of fun, I miss them when we're apart. Even if we're fighting I miss them. Love is torture haha

Now to find a internship for my social work field placement! Forgot to do that.

Patriots are going to do great against the Giants at the Super Bowl.
Tom Brady, woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment