The myth of the mystical Phoenix is that when it dies it turns to ashes, those ashes then ignite into a golden flame of rebirth, and the Phoenix lives on, renewed.
Traveling opens the heart, mind, body, and soul through all of its wanderings. Traveling creates the ashes from which the traveler is reborn, and love lights the fire.

I am a backpacker, a social worker, a grateful receiver, an eternal empathizer, a seed growing, an ear listening, a child learning, a sister sharing, an American evolving, a therapist reflecting, a daughter caring, an embrace holding tightly, a friend to all - I am a Traveling Phoenix, experiencing the world that sets my soul on fire with love. Thanks for joining me.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

The end of Chapter 1

This is the end of a chapter for my travels this year. Europe is done.

I spent 3 weeks with my brother, 3 weeks with my mom, 1 week with my mom and dad, 3 weeks with my dad, and some special time with friends in between. What a tremendous blessing these nearly 4 months have been! All I can do is continue to thank God and give my life to Him. It is the faintest form of gratitude that could express how I feel.

Here are some of my highlights:

The Cliffs of Moher in Galway, Ireland

Hiking in Belfast, N Ireland

Traveling with my brother

Seeing my cousin in London, England

Rocking out with all my new friends underneathe the Eiffel Tower

Eating frogs legs and snails in France


Going to every coffeeshop in Amsterdam

Seeing my buddy Christine in Athens, Greece and swimming & kayaking in the Peloponnese



Watching professional skiers practicing on the 1994 Olympic ski jump in Lillehammer, Norway

The Cathedral of the Holy Ressurrection in St Petersburg, Russia

An impromptu night at the Hungarian ballet (for $1!!)


All of the Holocaust and communism memorials in Budapest, Hungary

Hiking in Budapest, Hungary

Hiking in Bratislava, Slovakia

The Sound of Music in Salzburg, Austria

Everything about Oktoberfest in Munich

The top of Mt Titlis and Jungfraujoch in the Swiss Alps - and everything else about Switzerland

Murano glass in Venice, Italy

Hiking in the Italian Alps overlooking Lake Como

Cooking in Manzano village Italy

Time with my parents (and holding a Cobra)

Food poisoning in Morocco and Sweden

Riding a camel in the Sahara Desert

My mom

The Blue Lagoon in Camino, Malta

Seeing Fr Iakovos in Thessaloniki, Greece

My friend Maria and her Greek Village

Hot air ballooning in Cappadocia,Turkey 

Shopping in Morocco and Turkey

Pamukkale, Turkey

My dad

Last but definitely not least! Pictured are just some of the amazing friends I've met along the way! They are the phenomenal loving and outstanding people of the world! Just a little bit of love can change so much. I will always remember every kindness given to me, every moment that I have encountered the angel in someone who helped me, or I laughed and loved together with.


Now for the next chapter - Asia!

No comments:

Post a Comment