The myth of the mystical Phoenix is that when it dies it turns to ashes, those ashes then ignite into a golden flame of rebirth, and the Phoenix lives on, renewed.
Traveling opens the heart, mind, body, and soul through all of its wanderings. Traveling creates the ashes from which the traveler is reborn, and love lights the fire.

I am a backpacker, a social worker, a grateful receiver, an eternal empathizer, a seed growing, an ear listening, a child learning, a sister sharing, an American evolving, a therapist reflecting, a daughter caring, an embrace holding tightly, a friend to all - I am a Traveling Phoenix, experiencing the world that sets my soul on fire with love. Thanks for joining me.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Breakage

After returning to camp Friday afternoon from my day off that began Thursday afternoon, I almost immediately noticed a change in myself. Suddenly I had more energy, I was happier and more comfortable. My campers became very close and there were no problems for the staff. We all meshed together perfectly by the end, and I remembered what it was like to be at camp almost the same as I had been in the past.

My laziness level is insanely high, and I've been trying to break the pattern, but I made a lot of friends with the new staff and I am looking forward to the next 3 weeks with everyone! I know I will miss it when it ends. Perhaps its that the more exhausted I am, the more restless I become, and the more energy my body spits out all at once which causes me to become a more enthusiastic counselor... but as soon as I slow down at the end of the summer I am going to crash hard and need to make up for weeks of no sleep or "me time."

Next week I have 13 year olds! YAY! All the pieces are falling together...

No comments:

Post a Comment